Joshua Prince-Ramus TED Talk: Killing Authorship And Compartmentalizing Flexibility
“hyper-rational process: a process that takes rationality almost to an absurd level – transcends all the baggage that normally comes with what people would call a rational conclusion to something”
“this process does not have a signature – there is no authorship. architects are obsessed with authorship. this is something that has editing and teams”
– no master architect with minions carrying out his bidding
– challenges the high modernist notion of flexibility.
– snark: modernism offers “shotgun flexibility”…
– compartmentalized flexibility instead
– very literal contextual relationships